Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Give me the damn ball and the blame game

It's a month into the season and I already have a losing percentage! Overall, my field goal percentage is better than most of the BBA seasons I've been involved in, not to mention my 3-point percentage is somehow above 30% for once. Even my point per shot matches my career high. So why am I on the losing end of so many games?

I've complained to Russ and Mike constantly (not like they ever listen to me on the drive home) about how I feel I am playing the best defense of my life (not like I was ever that great to begin with...but whatever) yet have to fight to get a shot off since my teammates don't give me the ball enough this season. Seriously, put it in my FREAKIN hands and let me do work. All season I've had to work to get my own shots, since for whatever reason, every time I pass the ball, I don't get it back. I didn't have a single game of only 1 field goal made in a game ALL of last season. I've had 5 already this season.

Over half the league shoots the ball more times per game than me. My shots per game would be even worst if I wasn't forced to jack up shots, regardless if they are high percentage or not, because my team is in a hole and I figured I might as well jack up anything just to get a shot at the rim. I should seriously make videos of me running around in freakin circles waving my arm around as my teammates play a two-man game. The video of me screaming "GIVE ME THE BALLL" as Kevin is laughing during his recording makes me want to stab myself in the eye.

Which brings me to the next point: Sure I give up a layup now and then, but my defense has been pretty in-your-face this year. Attribute it to me forcing myself to do cardio in my sparetime, but I feel confident about guarding anyone. However, all I'm doing this season is playing lockdown defense on my man...only to turn around and watch the opposing team run layup drills and open jumpers on my teammates. Seriously...GUARD SOMEONE. And what is my reward for making the opponents basically play 2on3? Oh yes....I DON"T GET THE BALL ON OFFENSE.

I hate life.

3 comments:

  1. That was an awesome post.

    This sounds eerily similar to another post by another baller.. hmmm..

    http://bbaleague.blogspot.com/2009/04/roger-is-not-nice.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are trying too hard to be the assist king.

    Also, you've had 4 games with MA, which alone is a death sentence this season. (Except I'm going to lead KLO-MA-MKE to 5 straight wins)

    Rog and I always talk about this, how we need to just stop passing and take over. And not wait until we're down by 8 points to really start pouring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries Kevin...I DECLARE a victory for RUS-MKE-HYN against the leagues top team. I will run around the court buck-naked if we lose that game. We may be the 2nd worst team in the league, but for one game, we'll play the role of spoilers and achieve greatness.

    Also, MA is officially the worst defender. YES, I am talking to you ROBERT MA. I'm about to put together "Rob Ma's Greatest Hits" involving everyone and their mother scoring on you (especially when you are on my team).

    ReplyDelete